Wednesday 6 January 2010

Hitting the Turbo

I have rather neglected this blog since penning my opening post. I'll blame it on a rather busy December - I only just managed to get my last Xmas present on the 23rd so sitting down to put my thoughts on a page slipped down the priority list. Thankfully things have quietened down a little.

Whilst neglecting my blog, the same can't be said of my turbo trainer. I don't know if it makes me a bit of a madman, but I am growing to love that thing. As soon as I get off the trainer I download my training info from my Garmin and then pour over it for a while. I find it really helps my motivation to know that I can follow my own progress in the numbers spewed out by the heart rate monitor. Since Xmas day, I've managed 156km. As we all know it's about quantity not quality, so plenty of those kilometres have been uphill. I am really starting to enjoy all this cycling - I only wish there wasn't so much snow outside so I could hit a real road.

Oh, one more thing - I've signed up for the Dragon Ride in June. Looks like a pretty tough challenge. Have any of you out there ever done it before?

2 comments:

  1. Dragon Ride is excellent! Did the short course last year (Etape the year before). Closest thing to Pyrennean climbs I've seen in the UK.

    Get there early, and don't break any of the rules of the road, they get a bit upset about that (local police can be very keen on stopping riders who jump lights etc)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info - I am glad I got in there and booked my place when I did, the places seem to have sold out very, very quickly.

    ReplyDelete